Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Reading List: August

1. My Mother's Lover -- Urs Widmer
2. My Father's Book -- Urs Widmer
3. Memoirs of a Dutiful Daughter -- Simone de Beauvoir
4. Quilt (Stories) -- Ismat Chughtai
5. Tess of the d'Urbervilles -- Thomas Hardy

I could have read much more this month, but frustration due to my current living conditions, colleagues who boss around by saying "He was borned on the end of September", and the discovery of the pleasures of the universe through travels with Doctor Who has slackened my reading. I do not regret the last reason, though. The others, however, drive me to the verge of homicide.  

3 comments:

  1. THIS just cheered me up!! Borned ?? Seriously? Anyway, homicide is nice, when it's suicide - call me. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh moo-moo, there are so many more! During meetings I close my eyes and mentally correct the sentences. I'm afraid I'm in the danger of plunging more towards homicide. Suicide will not solve the problem, the former will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog, Particular Girl! Here's an award! 7 x 7 Award

    ReplyDelete